Thursday, December 13, 2012

Deck the halls...getting in the mood



With just TWELVE days to go until Christmas day *gulp* it's getting very close to

Firstly, in typically British fashion, a quick photo of this mornings view of what's going on with the weather through my window... I live on the south coast of the UK and it's been a bit chilly first thing. -4 some mornings. Although the sun looks warm and bright as its rising its a big con!! It takes me half an hour to de-ice the car windscreen!


I am slowly getting that Christmas feeling, inbetween yesterday watching my youngest son's performance in the Cinderella Rockafella panto at school and getting the tree decorated and cards written out, I'm getting a few bits and bobs made. Predominantly quick makes but still fun to do.

Here is my contribution for this weeks Stampotique Designer's Challenge which involves using non seasonal  stamps in a Christmassy/seasonal way. I thought this couple of NEWLYWEDS #8816 from Carol's Collection at Stampotique needed a good cheering up so I stuck Christmas hats on their heads- doesn't seem to have raised a smile though lol. The words on the front say  " 'Tis the season to be jolly"...


Inside the card it says " FA-LA-LA-LA-LAAAAAA LA-LA LA LAAAA"

:0)


All the details of the challenge and PRIZES to be won can be found on the Stampotique Designer's site, and also the rules of the game.











9 comments:

Helen said...

Oh, I love that card!! I agree, they don't look very happy normally... love their festive hats. Have a wonderful Christmas.

AssiCrafts said...

Awesome card! Love the sentiment on the torn music paper. XOXO

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Wonderful this card Jo. Have a wonderful Christmas.
Lovely greet
marja

Sid said...

Great card Jo !

joanne wardle said...

Lol. Love it.

france papillon said...

lolll though i pitty them, they look so unhappy with Christmas coming up! ;)
xx
france

Nigel Roberts said...

Love the card - I know people like that!

That photo is stunning, and it may take ages to defrost, but I love those kind of mornings.

Hope you have a great Christmas, I'm really getting into the season this year too.

maria f. said...

This is fabulous!

Claire Boelema said...

Brilliant, just brilliant! Love this card, it just made me lol! x