Thursday, March 29, 2012

GC144 Gingersnap Colour Challenge



I made this straight away this morning when I saw that this was the final Rust, Copper, Ginger challenge over on Gingersnap Creations. Due to their amazing success and the hard work of Shar and the girls the site is now heading for Blogzine stardom and will no longer be in the form we are all used tobut will be moving to a new home at Unruly Paperarts. For details see here.




I can't believe its four years since the site was founded...FOUR YEARS!! Where did that go!!

I'd like to wish the Gingers all the best in the new venture...onwards and upwards!




To make this card I used a combination of...
Distress inks- Rusty Hinge and Wild Honey,
Versafine black,
Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist- Marigold,
tissue paper,
a crinkled poly bag,
white acrylic paint(cheapo kiddy sort),
kiddy pencils, (can you tell my sons art materials are still out following a homework task lol),
a stencil that has lots of different rectangles all over it(cant find the name sorry)
Stampers Anonymous Butterflies and Moths,
Memory Box 'Dream',
A letter 'B' sticker,
and ...finally...Stampotique's 'Swirl Stalk' and 'Splatter Long'.

Hope you like it and are all having a good week with all this sunshine!

24 comments:

Helen said...

As always, Jo you have produced an amazing card. Hope you are well.

Willy said...

Fabulous card, Jo!

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Gorgeous and wonderful Jo.
Greet
Marja

Anonymous said...

Completely stunning card, Jo! I love it especially the way you did the butterflies. Of course, I am always a sucker for your beautiful stamps :)

Thanks for hanging out along the way! Hope to see you over at UPA!

big hugs,
Shar

Chris said...

Fabulous card, Jo. Love the colours.

I had that dream stamp in my basket today then put it back. lol

Cynthia Schelzig said...

luscious!!!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Wow I like this - LOTS!!! xxx

Sid said...

Very nice card Jo !!

judith@poppy cottage said...

Love this piece Jo, great colours, and I love the addition of the text stamp. I have signed up to follow Unruly Paperarts, it looks great. Thanks for letting us know about it, Judith xx

Carol Q said...

absolutely beautiful Jo. this stamp never fails to produce good results.

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, lovely, Jo - love the design and just the sort of thing I'm playing with at the moment. What goes around, comes around... seems like old times but I'm enjoying it x

Karen said...

Gorgeous! Your backgrounds must be the best, most delicious thing ever. They look so good, I can't believe they would be calorie free, allowed on airplanes, and carry no dangerous side effect warnings.

Anonymous said...

Wow fabulous card Jo, love it very very much!

Eloise said...

Beautiful work... your swirl stalks look like the stems are 3D (don't know if they are) but i like them. And i love this butterfly stamp.

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

love these colours !

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Fabulous unique card, love the combinations.
Have a nice weekend, xox Anja

Siobhan Brignull said...

well you jinxed that Jo theres no sun here just cold wind, lovely card BTW x

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning - even though I am seeing it with one eye! Can't leave comments on all your posts yet - had an eye op last week and still recovering - waiting for the next one to be done.

As always your work is truly inspiring - have a wonderful Easter Holiday

Karin said...

Fabulous card Jo, and you've used one of my favourite stamps too.

Linda Manning Findley said...

Love this Jo ... I am a sucker for butterflies and the colors are wonderful .... Linda F

Rika said...

Gorgeous card Jo,
wonderful colors.

anna christensen crafts said...

Absolutely Bee-utiful Jo, I love the subtlety of your colour scheme. I love butterflies and this is very gorgeous. Hope you are enjoying the sunny weather xx

anna christensen crafts said...

Absolutely Bee-utiful Jo, I love the subtlety of your colour scheme. I love butterflies and this is very gorgeous. Hope you are enjoying the sunny weather xx

Lynn Stevens said...

Its been awhile since I've been over Jo. You always do such Fabulous work! Love it!
hugs Lynn